Andropause and Low Testosterone Therapy for Men
Learn How Bioidentical Hormones Treat Symptoms of Andropause and Low Testosterone
Many men are surprised to learn that their bodies go through intense hormonal changes around middle age just as women’s bodies do. While most people are aware of female menopause and the complications that can arise due to the changes that occur during this stage of life, fewer know about andropause. This is the clinical name for a series of symptoms than men experience due to the loss of testosterone and imbalance of other important hormones.
The reason andropause catches so many men by surprise is that its symptoms come on gradually and can occur over the span of 10 years or more. Although testosterone production in men starts declining around age 30, it is only at a rate of approximately one percent every year. That’s why most men don’t start experiencing noticeable discomfort with their symptoms until around age 40. Of course, every man goes through andropause differently. Some may feel fine until their 50s or 60s while others start feeling run-down in their 30s. The important thing is to realize that your problems are likely associated with hormonal decline and that working with an andropause and male hormone specialist in the Little Rock area can help you feel like yourself again.
What Are the Symptoms of Andropause in Men?
Hormones travel throughout your bloodstream and affect multiple systems in your body. You can experience a wide range of symptoms when some hormone levels are too low and others are too high. The most common problems related to hormone imbalance in men include:
- Men with low levels of testosterone and thyroid hormones experience serious depression at a rate that is several hundred times higher than men with normal hormone functioning. Restoring testosterone and the T3 thyroid hormone to optimal levels is essential to alleviate a persistent depressed mood.
- Erectile dysfunction and/or low libido
- Low testosterone levels are also to blame for these common sexual difficulties in men. You may not be able to get an erection at all or not be able to sustain enough firmness for sexual intercourse. This can cause a lack of desire to engage in physical intimacy, but low libido can still occur even without erection problems. Replacing lost testosterone with natural Bioidentical testosterone replacement therapy has been shown to reduce and eliminate the symptoms of low libido and sexual dysfunction in men, without the need for pharmaceuticals.
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- When hair loss is not caused by male pattern baldness, it can often be tied to testosterone and thyroid hormone deficiencies, stress, poor nutrition, and side effects of certain medications. To prevent further hair loss, it is especially important for the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone, a by-product of testosterone, to be in balance.
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- While this problem is more common in women, it also occurs in men when there is an extreme deficiency of testosterone. Hot flashes cause facial flushing, sweating, and a cold and clammy feeling up to 10 times per day. When this happens at night and disrupts sleep, doctors refer to it as night sweats. Hot flashes and night sweats are common symptoms that patients say disappear completely with hormone optimization through Male Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Fatigue and related sleep issues
- Persistent, all-day fatigue may be due to an imbalance in the adrenal glands. This occurs when you are under a lot of stress and your body no longer creates enough hormones to help you feel rested and have a strong immune system. Hormonal imbalance is also a major cause of sleep apnea and insomnia and can be corrected through the use of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Irritable Male Syndrome is a common problem for men between 40 and 60 years old who are experiencing hormone decline. You may feel angry, impatient, defensive, and hostile for reasons that you can’t explain. Replenishing deficient testosterone levels and getting the body back to normal function with Natural Hormone Replacement for men can eliminate irritability and restore men to feeling strong and ready to take on any challenge life throws at them.
- Memory Impairment
- Forgetfulness, difficulty concentrating, and feeling like your brain is constantly fuzzy could all indicate a problem with your hormones. The problem is frequently caused by adrenal fatigue or hypothyroidism, both of which are easily treatable with Bioidentical Hormones.
- Muscle loss and fat gain
- Testosterone is especially important in helping to develop and define lean muscle mass. When it is not as readily available as it once was, muscle loss and accumulation of fat around the abdomen is a common occurrence. Replacing testosterone with Natural Hormone Therapy for men can alleviate mid-life weight gain and help men retain their muscle mass into old age.
Hormone Replacement Therapy to Relieve the Symptoms of Andropause
As men are becoming more aware of andropause and the difficulties it causes them, they are increasingly turning to hormone replacement therapy for relief of their symptoms. Like women, many are unsatisfied with traditional treatment using synthetic drugs due to the side effects and lack of improvement. Fortunately, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy doctors in Central Arkansas areas can offer a better solution.
Arkansas Andropause and Testosterone Therapy Doctors utilize natural hormones taken from soy and yam plants. Before starting treatment, your Arkansas Hormone Replacement Therapy specialist determines your current level of hormone functioning with a blood or saliva test. He or she then works with a local pharmacy to create a compound to treat your specific hormone imbalance problems. Once your hormones are optimized, you should see significant improvement of all of the above symptoms and a substantial increase in your enjoyment of life.
FIND LITTLE ROCK BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE DOCTORS NEAR YOU